Financial Aid Information - Timeline and Links
Check out the presentation here about Financial Aid!
- Turn in your GPA Verification form to the counseling office if you haven’t already done so.
- pin.ed.gov - In order to complete your financial aid application online, you and your parents must go to this website to each get a pin number.
- Finish any private college applications.
- Write thank you notes to teachers who wrote letters of recommendation for you.
- Go to collegeboard.com and send your SAT test scores and/or www.actstudent.org and send your ACT test scores to the schools you have applied to.
- Start looking for scholarships. Try www.fastweb.com or wiredscholar.com. Also go to Naviance/ Family Connection and click on the scholarship tab for updated scholarships.
- fafsa.ed.gov – Start your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). To qualify for aid you must complete the FAFSA between January 1 – March 2, 2011 in order to qualify for state aid. You should only complete the FAFSA online!
- Encourage your parents to attend our Financial Aid Night at school on Tuesday, January 25, 2011 in the Brewer Theater. Time will be announced on a later date.
- Useful websites for financial aid: calgrants.org and www.csac.ca.gov
February – June
- Continue to maintain good grades through the end of the year. Remember colleges do rescind admissions.
- Complete Senior Surveys when asked.
- Decide which college you will attend and begin completing required forms. Be careful not to miss deadlines because that will result in your admission being rescinded.
- Community College Candidates: Registration usually begins in March. Check the community college website or see your counselor for assistance.
Some college require a CSS Financial Aid Profile. Check the policies of the college. Never pay for any other financial aid application!
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- The financial aid process begins with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid